Join the People’s Climate Protest on August 13th at noon in Sacramento.
The Supreme Court decision is obstructing federal climate action, oil and gas wells are leaking, and the climate crisis keeps getting worse by the day. We need California to step up and take real leadership. Gov Newsom must phase out fossil fuels in California.
We will demand real action from the Newsom administration to protect our communities by ending all new oil and gas drilling permits, phasing out oil and gas production in the state, rolling out a safety buffer and stopping all new permits.
Transportation assistance is available for carpools! We can also help coordinate carpools. If you need transportation assistance please let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
We will meet at the west steps of the Capitol for a rally with speakers, music and dance.
Current organizations involved include:
- CA Youth vs Big Oil
- Sunrise Sacramento
- Sunrise Bay Area
- Sunrise Silicon Valley
- Fridays for Future Sacramento
- Oil and Gas Action Network
- Last Chance Alliance
- 350 Sacramento
- 350 Bay Area
- March for Science Sacramento
- Sacramento Punks with Lunch
- Extinction Rebellion Sacramento
- Sunflower Alliance
- Climate Health Now
- Action for the Climate Emergency
- Sacramento Climate Coalition
- San Francisco Bay Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Physicians for Social Responsibility, Sacramento Chapter
Extinction Rebellion is a 100% non-violent civil disobedience movement aimed at nothing less than radical system change. Our rebellion is fueled by our love for humanity and for all life on earth.